Shenzhou launch/uk

What follows is the best I can do.

UTC/az/Maxel:

For a launch at 0100z tomorrow  I estimate maxel less than 6 degrees at az
182 degrees, 0622z tomorrow. This is my maxel in central England. Orbital
inclination is abt 42 degrees so those of you south of me will get better
elevations/times.

Also try 90 minutes before this time and 90 minutes after, as usual, for
maxels at azimuth abt 15/20 degrees east and west of south.

Spacecraft may be visible at the early pass.

Spacecraft will be in radio range at my qth at this time.

Frequency

despite repeated requests to Xinhua etc I have no frequency, however, Grove
enterprises has the following:

160.00 MHz china 9B
179.985 MHz China 17,19  CW
180.0 MHz CHINA 4-7 SAT. TELEMETRY, CHINA 9c

I don't remember the freq of the first 1970 satellite "The East is Red"
(???Dongfanghong???)

Might be worth scanning the 136 MHz wx satellite band.

Early USSR frequencies were: 19995, 20006 and 143.625 MHz. Last is unlikely
as it is in use with ISS.

China has a fleet of 5 comms/monitoring ships in the Pacific and Indian
oceans - don't know if there is currently a ship in the Atlantic but if
there is she will be between 42 deg N and 42 deg S. Possibly some telemetry
downlink therefore, I would look  around the soyuz frequencies near 922 Mhz
if you're between those latitudes..

Due to the low elevations I shall be listening on HF 19995 and 20006

Go, taikonaut!

73 de andy g0sfj