Re: Sat Names for LoTW

At 02:56 PM 10/14/2003 -0400, Scott Townley wrote:
>I don't think that LoTW cares.  It only cares that there is SOMETHING in
>that field.  Otherwise it would be the wildest stroke of luck that I
>managed to "guess" seven satellite names exactly as LoTW expected them.

I don't think it's as much a matter of how LoTW expects them as much as it
is a matter that they have to be exactly the same in both logs in order for
the QSO to 'match'.

As far as using the QSO credit for an award, I don't think there are
'satellite specific' awards but you'd probably have to check with the
individual awards manager to determine what the criteria is for the
specific award.

John - K9IJ

> > From: "Keith O'Brien" <n4zq@hotmail.com>
> > Date: 2003/10/14 Tue PM 01:56:17 EDT
> > To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
> > Subject: [amsat-bb] Sat Names for LoTW
> >
> > If SATELLITE NAME is required for LoTW, then what would be the correct
> entry
> > for RS-12/13 ? Is it RS-12 when that transponder was active, or RS-13 when
> > that was the case. How about RS-12/13,  is that the legitimate name LoTW
> > looking for. Same questions apply to RS-10/11.
> >
> > Can't seem to locate a list of satellite names to use that are ADIF
> > acceptable.. Help..
> >
> > N4ZQ

-

John Rice  K9IJ