AO40rcv 2.xx and standard blocks

I've noticed that the ability of the newer FEC versions of AO40rcv to decode the standard blocks seems to be worse than the older non-FEC versions. I've tried running 1.40 and can get error free standard blocks, but when I go over to 2.04 (or 03 or 02) on the same PC/soundcard I get errored standard blocks but good CRC'd blocks - although sometimes with corrected errors. Go back to 1.40 and standard blocks are OK again. Tests are all within the same rough time period so signal changes due to orbital and pointing differences are minimal. Has anyone else seen similar things? I think I've set it up correctly.

Chris G4SDG