RE: PARTS SOURCE

I have a four module amplifier done by splitting
drive and combining outputs and it was easy enough
with a sufficient heat sink and fans to get it to
operate properly.  In fact, it was trivial since
it is easy to measure the correct length coax
strip for the combiners!  For 6 watts in, I get 80 watts
out (1 dB compression point).  The modules were
purchased from DEM.  The only problem I had was a
faulty tantalum capacitor that is used in the standard
set up as per Toshiba sheet.  I checked everything
five times to make sure it was hooked up with the
proper polarity.  It went south with great glee and
pretended to be a fragmentation grenade.  One tantalum
just barely missed causing serious damage to N4HY
and K2UYH who were checking the performance in
Al's lab. The design was stolen from DEM as well. They
have the modules for $100.  Toshiba no longer makes
these modules but there is a large supply of them
left.  I would go head and get two (I have two
on cold standby) ;-).

Bob
N4HY