Re: 10 GHz uplink AO-40

In a message dated 10/9/03 7:48:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kschuchm@pacbell.net writes:

> such as K-TX,  more than one person has reported that it looks as the
>  transmitter has partially failed, signals have dropped... not being on K I
>  can not personally confirm this... but the website shows K as being
>  operational,so is that status correct?

Hi Kevin,

I've been working with K Tx again for over a week now. Yes, it appears power
is down a bit, but all seems to work OK. In fact, I'm on my way out to the
back yard right now for a K pass (0442 local time). I'm working on a new 2' dish
using a receive system based on a P-COM downconverter.

Last weekend I did a test of FEC telemetry via K Band. I used a 0.5 meter
dish with linear feed and I was able to successfully decode telemetry despite the
huge fades! AO40Rcv gave 0/17 standard blocks and 11/11 FEC blocks. Phil's
code is awesome! I'll have more info on K during my presentation next week at
Toronto during the Symposium.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649