Re: 10 GHz uplink AO-40

On Thursday 09 October 2003 07:56, Reinhard Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thursday, October 9, 2003, 12:54:09 PM, you wrote:
> > there is a DL website that lists status of the different systems but its
> > badly out of date....
>
> no. its not badly out of date but it reflects the actual status instead.
> Nothing has changed since the last update. That was when the S1 rx was
> tested and was found to be ok. Sorry, I don't know exactly when it was
> without digging deeper. I think it was somewhen last year.
> www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d.htm
>
> 73,
>  Reinhard
>  DJ1KM
> webmaster of AMSAT-DL

Sorry
    possibly a poor choice of words, maybe a better wording would have been
overly optimistic...
 It just seems that long after something is general knowledge, the status
still reflects something different...

such as K-TX,  more than one person has reported that it looks as the
transmitter has partially failed, signals have dropped... not being on K I
can not personally confirm this... but the website shows K as being
operational,so is that status correct?

L2 receive shows operational, but there is a 6db drop on its sensitivity over
L1,shouldn't it be marked partially failed? I still hope that the 6db drop
disappears... which it has done a couple times...be nice if it stayed gone...

    The rumor has it that the X-TX has no power to the TWT,but the website
has it as needing more testing, so is the rumor false and we can look forward
to the mode X downlink? I sure hope so !!! I was looking forward to that
one...

Is there anyone that could give a brief health check status on ao-40? and
maybe do a little peek into the future for ao40 long term health?

  I had concerns that because of the explosion that fuel may have been sprayed
over the insides, since it is corrosive is there a concern for a shortened
life span for ao40?

Thanks
73
Kevin WA6FWF