MFSK-16 on AO-40

>Wayne replies:

{snip}

>Has anybody tried MFSK-16 on AO40?  It might work well when the Doppler
>shift is minimal.  MFSK-16 gives 100% copy of signals you can barely see on
>the waterfall and barely hear with your ear.  It should handle really deep
>fading.
>
>Wayne Estes
>Mundelein, IL, USA

I've thought about trying the narrow band digital modes on AO-40 (PSK-31 in
my case), but I couldn't figure out how I'd ever get my Tx and Rx aligned,
especially when you're thinking about working someone you can hardly hear.
The only way I can think of is to move off slightly and zero-beat my
transmit and receive to each other, then slide over and hope things are
still lined up close enough.  But, we're talking Hertz here, and my receiver
tunes in 100hz increments, and the transmitter in 10hz (they're separate
rigs).

Those of you who've done this, how'd you do it?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH