Re: RTTY on AO-40

In a message dated 10/08/03 8:27:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
BobDonnell@arkalmus.com writes:

> On a properly operating SSB transmitter, there's no difference in the
on-air
> emission characteristics for AFSK vs. FSK.  Either is narrowband digital
FM.

agreed...I too was trying to interpret Emily's comment, perhaps she was
referring to the "resting" bit, or mode of the carrier, on commercial HF there was
a tendency to leave the resting bit as a carrier, to "hold" the channel and
maintain tuning frequency for the receiver.

I believe that all would agree that the "resting" mode for Satellite
operation should be lack of any carrier at all.

Roger
WA1KAT