AO-40 and P3E crosslinking

>Seems to me that it was done on AO-10 and AO-13 or am I mistaken. Perhaps
>some other bird.

Cross linking of satellites has been done many many times,  the first
intentional
cross linking being AO-6 to AO-7  But it has happened many times
Unintentionally
satellite to satellite without operator intervention.
Drew's Suggestion is the first time i believe for High orbit satellites
and also
original for its suggestion of using a band segment and ground stations.

Keith N6ORS