Re: R: S units

At 10:26 AM 10/6/2003 -0800, Edward R. Cole wrote:
>  Which all proves that s-meter signal reports are
>"crap"...no surprise to most of us, I am sure!

Perhaps we should give signal reports on the "Huh-Minus" scale.  You start
off at 10, and for each time you ask someone to repeat something you
subtract 1. :-)

Seriously though - I'm baffled by why anyone would ever need a signal
report over a full duplex satellite.  If you can't hear your own downlink
does it matter how good the other station hears you?  It seems rather moot
if the guy with a 4 meter dish gives you at 20 over S9 when you can't hear
yourself.

$.02

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7