Re: R: S units

Hi Ed and the group,

I agree with your comments. When I operate AO40 or EME
on 23 cm, I turn my AGC off and connect and audio
power meter to the line output of my radio. Then I
give the reports based on actual signal to noise
ratio. I also use that to keep my downlink below the
S/N of the beacon. My radio linearity is good even
with pretty strong signals, so I only have to adjust
the volume control if a strong station appears on the
passband, which is unusual on EME.

73, Marc N2UO
www.qsl.net/n2uo