AO-40 and P3E crosslinking

I had an idea today, most likely not original though. When P3E gets to
orbit, could we have say a 25khz window on each satellite, where all of that
section of passband on P3E gets received at a groundstation and sent across
the internet to another groundstation to uplink to AO-40, and vice versa?
There would be some technical and operational challenges, but wow! think of
the possibilities! At the right time you could conceivably have nearly
worldwide comms! And I'm guessing this was never done with AO-10 and
AO-13...maybe there is something new under the sun.

73, Drew KO4MA