Re: Re: G5500

Your being fooled by the capacitor!  In the 5500 and 5600 series, the
capacitor is in the base of the rotator.  In the 5400 the capacitor is
in the control box.  Either way you must measure the resistance with
as least one wire removed from the control box to the rotator and then
allow enough time for the ohmmeter to settle to a steady value.  There
always is the chance the capacitors are not in good condition.
Cliff K7RR