Re: G5500

Hi Roy,

I have measured the winding resistances on the 5500 Rotator:
A4-A5 - 6.4 ohm
A4-A6 - 2.8 ohm
E4-E5 - 9.6 ohm
E4-E6 - 5.8 ohm

These refer to resistances between particular Azimuth and Elevation
terminals on the Rotators.

I repeated the same measurements on a Yaesu 5400 Rotator that I have and
found the following:
A4-A5 - 7.5 ohm
A4-A6 - 3.9 ohm
E4-E5 - 18.8 ohm
E4-E6 - 9.3 ohm

However, I don't know if I can compare these measurements between these
two rotators. Does anyone with a known-working 5500 know what their
measured winding resistances are?

I'm not looking forward to the prospect to having to unmount the
antennas take the Rotators down from roof if I find they are also damaged.

Thanks,
-Daniel, VA3KKZ