Re: Yaesu G-5500 Rotator Problem

Don, Assi and Dan.  There are two secondary windings on the control
box transformer.  One is 11 volts AC producing about 15 volts DC and
just a few milliamps.  The other winding is 26 VAC probably at five
or so amperes.  In a transformer THAT small trouble is just around
the corner!  Of course operating both azimuth and elevation at the
same time is inviting disaster as the required current doubles, which
is often done with automatic tracking programs following satellites!
If the secondary windings are temporarily removed and fused STILL
blow the transformer is probably gone.  If by chance the 26V winding
is open, then substitute an external transformer and save some dollars!
Cliff K7RR