From: "Cliff Buttschardt" <cbuttsch@slonet.org>
To: <dbwoodw@alltel.net>
Cc: "Daniel Kekez" <dkekez@utias-sfl.net>; <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 21:12
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Yaesu G-5500 Rotator Problem

One hundred seven dollars is usurious, obscene and typical of ham
manufacturers who prey on those who have forgotten how to improvise
and repair.  As much as it might seem suitable to criticize Yaesu, I
point out that hams have been DUMB in letting manufacturers do them
in!!!  Half that transformer is probably alrigtht.  Put another one
externally, and point a great big, fat perpendicular finger at Yaesu
with a two dollar Radio Shack external transformer!!  My, doesn't it
feel great to be even marginally technically competent!   Cliff K7RR

dbwoodw@alltel.net wrote:

> My G5500 control box has the same problem - keep us informed on what you
find - I haven't had time to deal with mine yet.