Yaesu G-5500 Rotator Problem

Hi All,

The Yaesu G-5500 rotator controller in my setup has recently failed. Its
fuse blew and the unit blows replacement fuses even when nothing is
connected. I have traced the fault to what I believe is a faulty power
transformer.

I have read in the amsat-bb archives that this might occur when the
rotator becomes jammed. The rotator is not caught on any cables, so I'm
not sure what would have caused the transformer to blow in the first
place. I am wondering how I should go about testing the rotators
themselves to see if I need to unmont everything and have them repaired.

I have a control box from a Yaesu G-5400 but I am concerned that
whatever damanged one power transformer might damage another, so I don't
want to connect it.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be welcome.

73,
-Daniel Kekez, VA3KKZ