Re: Space reintry body sighting UPDATE

Thank's for all your comments (one refers to a similar sighting 6 years ago in Ireland).

Those comments intriging me and i review this sighting with one witness (my son).

The object first appears at an elevation of 35 degress and dissapear at 20 degrees (burning time through
atmosphere?) the duration is estimated at 3 seconds and it follows a near vertical and downward path slitghly
pointing toward west (by about 5 degrees max) and located more exactly at an azimuthal position of 310
degrees.

Trying to figure out the object path on a globe it seems to be possible to reach India but without knowing
the impact reentry angle its hard to exactly match my sighting with the indian meteor impact. In my globe
path simulation this object appears to hit India with a very low angle passing over russia  china and india.
(Hopefully there was no satellites in the object path?)

The relative magnitude was about two time the ISS and it is emitting a blue light with a trail contrary of
what i was saying in my first message (confirm by my witness).

Lacking of sideral body calculus software, could be some of you will be able to calculate the aproximate
entering path and the object impact point on earth. Good exercise for amateur astronomers.

Thank's again for your comments.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator