From: "Wayne Estes W9AE" <w9ae@earthlink.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:10 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] FT-847 Sub Tune

> Grant Zehr wrote:
>
> On my FT-847 I find that it takes forever to change the frequency using
the sub-tune knob.  To find yourself try unlocking the tracking function,
tune with the "big knob", then lock again after you find yourself.

> Wayne replies:
>
> I find the tuning rate of the FT-847 Sub Tune knob to be acceptable in the
"fast" tuning mode.  Good enough for me because my initial TX frequency
error is always less than 500 Hz after activating SatPC32 Doppler tuning and
clicking the "Correct Actual (downconverter) Deviation" button while
listening to the beacon.