From: Emily Clarke [mailto:w0eec@amsat.org]
Sent: 28 September 2003 20:28
To: Howard Long
Cc: AMSAT
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] mixw

Howard wrote:

At 08:21 PM 9/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>I never got MIXW to run the uplink to the 1200bps PACSATs, although it will
>handle the downlink.

I found that one of the uplink problems is that the beginning of the
digital FSK stream may get clipped or malformed when the transmitter is
keying up.  I'm using a Tigertronics SignaLink and this was a problem for
me in the beginning.  If you don't have enough audio, it was slow to key
up.  If you had too much, it would distort the waveform.

Tigertronics had a couple of modifications on their web site that made the
key-up process more sensitive.  After I made that mod I didn't have the
problem.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7