RE: mixw

At 08:21 PM 9/28/2003 +0100, Howard Long wrote:
>Emily said:
>
>> The one really great feature is that it will emulate a TNC even to
>> the point of providing a emulated serial port for other programs like
>> UI-View32 to use.
>
>That's right: Don KD4APP and I even got it operating with Wisp on UO-22.
>http://www.g6lvb.com/Articles/MixWWisp.htm.
>
>I never got MIXW to run the uplink to the 1200bps PACSATs, although it will
>handle the downlink.
>
>Check out Douglas KA2UPW's page http://members.aol.com/dquagliana/upw for
>uplink software for the 1200bps PACSATs for UI digipeating for APRS.
>
>73 Howard G6LVB

Hmm!  I was not paying too much attention to this thread until now.

I obtained an old IC-2AT that has a bad xmtr to use to listen on PCSAT but
need a TNC to use it for an IGate.  Will Mixw work and what sw would I
need?  I assume for IG operation I merely need to monitor 145.850 MHz.  The
computer I am thinking of dedicating is an old P90 IBM Thinkpad laptop
(that is if I can find an ethernet card that will I/F it).  Getting DSL
setup here.

73, Ed - AL7EB