Work & Hobby at 37K feet

Little did I know that my annual trip to Surrey, UK on September 13
(my employer's offices are in the University of Surrey research park)

that the person seated in the window seat next to me on the transatlantic
flight
would be Dr. Mark Sims of the Space Research Centre at the University of
Leicester.

Dr. Sims is the Mission Manager for Beagle2 scheduled to land on Mars on
December 25
http://www.beagle2.com/project/index.htm

So much for getting sleep on that flight !

Greg
W9GB
AMSAT-NA, AMSAT-UK

BTW University of Leicester has a 3/4 built satellite and looking for
someone to replace
the University of New Hampshire's role in completion