Christmas and Cocos view of horizon

I have been exchanging mail with the sat op for the upcoming dx-pedition.
Mainly wanting to know if they will have the ability to work the bird at low
elevation angles. Here is the reply....

Hi Gene,
on Xmas we are staying oceanfront on a cliff with a free outlook from east
over north to west.
On Cocos we should have some palms but be sure .... I'm looking for a good
satellite-place. If not we'll saw off the disturbed palms ... hi. Gene
without carry the joke too far ... we will do our best.

73 de Hartmut DM5TI