Re: VUSAT works well

Hi Williams
Many of the engineers too are hams who have directly worked on this
satellite,  I am sure more than 10 hams have worked directly.

     Seven of many Founder members of Amsat-India who are on satellite
visited the clean room to see the integration of the satellite 15 day ago
along with few hams from ISRO who joined us. We saw two hams VU2GDX Mr.Amal
& VU2DUC Mr. Durai working on the satellite in the clean room, They also
explained us every part of the satellite.
    The transponder is only a small part of the satellite, With lot of
others equipments to on board of the satellite, It was mind boggling, Such a
complicated work was not possible by hams, Financially, Accurately, Test
equipments, components acquired,
technology, etc....
The dedication by all at ISRO staff was tremendous have worked day & night
in past two months. I have heard that approximately 76 people have worked to
realize our dream come true.

    Other hams who worked on this project are VU2WMY-MR.MANI, VU2OLY-MR.
RAJU SAGI, VU3GTI-MR.RAGHAVENDRA, VU3GJW MR, SUBRAMANIAM, VU2HNS SURESH
KUMAR, VU2WAH JAGDISH, VU2NUD-MR. NAGESH, SWL YL BHANU, YL PREMALATHA, OM
SANJAY MITTAL, OM T.P. DAS, OM ARVIND KUMAR SINGH,
Most of these are members of the UPAGRAHA club station in ISRO-Call Sign-
VU2URC. Some waiting for
tickets. We hams are proud & thankful of them.

    It was promised by our chief guest the former Chairman ISRO Mr.
Kasturirangan during our Bangalore HAMFEST-1998 to provide us with a
satellite during his speech to 900 + hams from all over INDIA who
participated in the 1998 HAMFEST.

    We also thank you Mr. Williams for ur tremendous & fast work on the
DUTCH transponder, I have been a fan for Radio Dutch International earlier.
Wish u the best for ur future projects. I am sure we will have many such
joint ventures with Dutch as well as other countries too in our future
projects.

73's,
vu3sxe / Sundeep Shah.