Re: G5500

I replaced mine (G-5400B) once with  a transformer from Yaesu, the
expensive route (~$80). That was a few years ago. It fit perfectly in
the box just like the original.

The second time I replaced one in my other control box (KenPro
KR-5400) and I decided to shop for a bargain.  At the time, Radio
Shack still carried a bunch of various transformers. I could not find
one with the two secondary voltages, so I bought 2 separate
transformers. I think one was 26V and the other was 11V or something
real close to it. They both fit in the box very nicely and they only cost me
$8 during a sale at Radio Shack. That was almost 10 years ago... It still
works great today.

If cannot find a transformer with both of the required secondaries and
you do not want to spend a lot of money on the problem, you might
consider using separate transformers. Just a thought...

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama