Re: G5500

KD4APP writes:

> Anyone ever replaced the transformer in a G5500 rotator control box before?
> Mine appears to be toast - blows a fuse with output leads
> disconnected.

Yes, Don, unfortunately.  If you had the factory standard 2 Amp fuse in there, you may have a more serious problem than just the transformer.  I recommend a smaller fuse (1 Amp, fast blow) or adding a fuse to the transformer secondary.

In my case, the G-5400 culprit was the motor on the elevation rotor.  When it failed (locked up), the current overheated the transformer until it failed.  Then the fuse blows.  Bad design.
73,
Jerry, K5OE