Re: dropped downconverters

Hello Kyle.

Just my experience and I dont know how you "dropped" the units but I've
dropped preamps from 50 plus feet and while the case took a beating the
innards kept on ticking.   Common problems with dropped things are solder
connections that were not very good coming undone (particularly on antenna
connections).

I have solid state avionics from airplanes that have been tossed 500 or so
feet by high winds/tornadoes and the radio was fine when it was removed and
repowered.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX