From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Glenn Blum
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 10:50 PM
To: Amsatbb
Subject: [amsat-bb] directv recieve dishes

Good evening,
I have some questions conserning directv dishes and antennas used in
wireless cable tv. Over a few years I have aquired a directv dish with 2
recievers and one large wireless cable tv recieving wire dish.The
Directv dish is a RCA showing a recieve frequency of 12.2 to 12.7 ghz.
The wireless cable antenna right now I have no clue what frequency it
works at but I need to go into my shed to find out the model.

Are these antennas worth anything for recieving signals from AO-40 and
other sats that run at 2.4 ghz? I have seen articles in older 73s
magazines on using a directv dish and wireless cable tv dishes for
recieving.Since then I have lost those magazines. Are there any good
links on the web that I can go to read up on this?

I am planing within 6 months to a year to set my self up for ao-40.

Thanks and 73s,
Glenn kd5dga
---