Re: PC control of actuator arms

If you've already come up with a degrees to pulses translation table for
your arm  (if not, measure it or do the trig to figure it out), why not
program a little PIC or AVR (or a basic stamp or somehting like that)  to
convert from a supported tracking format (like FODTRACK) to the pulses?

FODTRACK for example puts out 0-255 in an 8-bit byte from a parallel port.
You could read that in, and upon changes, count +/- one table entry in the
pic.  Other interface types could give you one degree resolution...

It's a little bit of work, but it could be done fairly easily.

Fred W0FMS