PC control of actuator arms

Hello all,
I'm wondering if any of the experts out there have come up with a program to
count the pulses from an actuator arm, in my case a Geotrack TD24  24" arm,
and interface with the azimuth rotator , an Emotator 1103 mxx.
I use a Moteck 2 controller on the actuator arm and have a read out that
I've calibrated to give me a manual setting for elevation.
It would be nice to be able to track the birds automatically using my
laptop.
The set up I have on my 2mtr dish is very robust and it would be a shame to
change it for a weak elevation rotator just to get tracking by PC.
If any one has tackled this problem please contact me, it would be most
helpful.
73 de Keith VK6XH
vk6xh@arach.net.au