Re: PCsat special event Sun Eve

SUnday night PCsat test:

I see 50 stations now on http://pcsat.aprs.org in the last 27 hours, so
activity is picking up.  You will notice that we overloaded her at about
0042z and she RESET, but so far the side B commands are holding her in
OPS NORMAL.  As long as you see the telemetry showing 00111111 then the
UHF receivers are off and she is saving power.

You can tell though that only side B is holding this because side B is
ending with 01XX,1 and side A is only showing 00XX,1.  That second bit is
the one that saves 50% of PCsat power by isolating the transmitters.  If
both of those telemetry show 00XX,1, then the transmiters are
crossconnected and every packet on either 145.825 OR on 144.39 is using
BOTH transmitters.  And our weak batteries cannot produce that peak
current.

My next chance to command the A side is at 0800 EDT on Monday.

> PCsat digipeats via RELAY, WIDE, W3ADO-1, APRSAT and PCSAT-1 if it stays
> configured as we like..  Thus, it should operate like any APRS digi

Also, until we re-load the A side, then the only digi call that is woring
is W3ADO-1...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/