Re: GPS to use for Grid Square/Maidenhead

Ron, Bruce:

Look at the Garmin GPS-35.  I use it for receiving GPS position for APRS on
marine buoys.  I think the website is www.garmin.com but you should locate
it easily via google or with other search engines.

Price runs about $150, and it looks like computer mouse and simply outputs
via a cable (which also conveys power: 9-15 vdc).  You can configure it
from the serial port of your computer if you wish special data outputs.  I
just take the std gps word it outputs to a mim or tiny-trac board for
interfacing with a VHF radio.  I am very pleased with the sensitivity of
the unit (it will acquire while sitting in the back seat of a SUV...really).

73 - Ed