Sensitivity and noise floor (theory question)

This is a general radio theory question.

My AO-40 downconverter has a NF of 1.7db.  What exactly does that mean?
My 2m rig has a sensitivity of .18 micro Volts (12db SINAD).  How is
this sensitivy related to the noise floor of the reciever in the rig?
Can I calculate the noise floor?  Finally would I benefit from a 1.5 db
nf preamp in front of this reciever?

Thanks for your knowledge here.  Let me know if there are any good
sources to learn more about this...
-David Carr
KD5QGR