Re: GPS to use for Grid Square/Maidenhead

On Friday, Sep 12, 2003, at 20:21 US/Central, Ronald Nutter wrote:

> I am trying to find a basic gps that will give me Maidenhead.  I
> bought a
> Geko-101 from Garmin but it appears that it doesnt do maidenhead but
> instead
> offers MGRS.  Suggestions ?

Dunno .. I'm still looking for one without a display that will sit on
the roof of my SUV and feed NMEA to an APRS encoder/transmitter .. and
can't seem to find the blind mount ones that are used for that.  Good
luck .. I'm sure one is out there.  I know my Magellan Meridian won't
do it, but then I bought that one before I found out Magellan doesn't
seem to give a hoot about Mac owners and I should have gotten a Garmin.
  Still looking for a good OS X app that supports either.  Sigh ..

Heard from a flight instructor:
"The only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask, resulting in my
going out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of
torn and twisted metal."

"Go ahead and do it, you can apologize later." -- RADM Grace Hopper,
1906-1992
"The sunset is an illusion, but the beauty is real." -- Richard Bach