Re: How much power to reach SO-41 ?

Hi Ron

> I have been trying for several weeks to get into SO-41 with a ICW32 and an
> Arrow antenna.  I either just barely make it or not at all.  What is the
> average power that everyone is using to talk to SO-41 ?

This might be bad news, but we demo'd working this bird with 50mW and an Arrow almost fully quieting even over Europe on a Saturday during the day during the recent AMSAT-UK Colloquium. I find it more sensitive than UO-14.

It is more difficult to hear than UO-14 as the downlink is lower power.

73 Howard G6LVB