Gateway (was AO-40 site question)

Hi Howard,

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 03:00  AM, AMSAT-BB-digest wrote:

> The VE3VRW satellite gateway in Toronto
> http://members.rogers.com/va3sf/gateway.htm uses small (4' or 5' boom)
> directional antennas to maintain horizon to horizon unattended
> coverage.
>
> 73 Howard G6LVB

We used to, now we use M2 436CP3 & 2MCP14 (further down the page)
The X-Quads from WiMo were fantastic antennas for the boom length,
but not quite the same as the full length M2's.

The gateway has been in operation 24/7 for close to 10 years now,
hopefully some of you will make use of it when you come to Toronto.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW