AO-40 carrier reference level

I will test some different transmission lines at 2.4Ghz and i need to rely only on AO-40 MB signal. I have to
get sometimes a high level indication on my FT-847 S meter. The only one way i found to achieved this its
when i switched to FM i got signals over S9 by 20 to 30 DB (ssb or CW signal are around s8 to s9). Wich
signal level read at SSB CW or FM/AM position can give a good reference of the exact rf carrier level at the
receiver ends?  and the more stable comparing to SSB sigs.?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator

Sites web sites: www.qsl.net/ve2dwe