Re: MSNBC Story

><clipped>
>SSTV via ARISS is great!  But why don't we just go straight to ATV instead?
>Why the leap backwards in technology?
>
>                                                  Tracy  KC5RBQ/7  (out of
>lurk mode)
><clipped>
>
> > From: Jeff Davis <jeff@ke9v.com>
> > Subject: [amsat-bb] MSNBC Story
> >
> > Sorry if this has already been covered, but I was just visiting the main
> > MSNBC news Web site and saw this prominent link about the "ham radio cam
> > on the ISS".

Tracy, that just further demonstrates the ridiculousness of AMSAT spending
our precious dollars to promote ISS(READ NASA!!!)

In June of 1992 I traded SSTV pictures with Richards on Columbia, STS-50,
and we just considered it a sort of novelty...As a matter of fact they set
some sort of a record on the flight, and it was reported in the San Diego
Union.  There was a pass about 0600 PST, and I delivered the first
newspaper in space to STS-50, still just a novelty!

See: unionnews.ZIP at:

http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

MSNBC can spend their money any way they want, but I sure object to AMSAT
spending money to promote NASA under the guise of encouraging children to
become interested in amateur satellite radio...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....