Re: Re: tuning on DXpeditions

Hi Jim,

I agree, the FT-736 CAT control is too primitive to be
useful on AO-40. QSYing with the keyboard isn't worth the
trouble. When the FT-847 first came out, it had the same
type of CAT interface and enough of us complained
to Yaesu that they actually fixed it!

If we ever get another mode A satellite, I know of at
least one ham who used his Kenwood TS-450 with his FT-736
and computer control and that worked pretty well since
you can do all the tuning and tweaking from the TS-450
in mode A.

73,
Tony AA2TX
---