Re: learning question

Glenn,

This is a good question.  I am not sure if there is a single place to go to,
but the Delta III "Payload Planners Guide"
http://www.upv.es/satelite/trabajos/pracGrupo15/Marte/Lanzador/PDF/Delta3.pdf
makes interesting reading.

If you pay for your launch, you can pretty much tell the launch company
where you want to go.  Some geostationary orbits are "assigned" by the FCC,
so , for instance direct to home TV satellites don't interfere with one
another.  There is remarkably little guesswork involved.

On the other hand, as Hams, for the most part we have to take what we can
get, ending up more or less where the primary payload on the rocket is
going.

-Joe KM1P