73, doug

   Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:36:35 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>

   > I've been thinking about this computer tuning issue, for DXpeditioning,
   some more.  It appears to me that I really only need automatic
   correction for my uplink, and that I can quite reasonably tune the
   downlink by hand, with the tracking program telling me where my own
   signal is appearing, but the actual tuning being by hand, since many
   people trying to contact me won't have full computer control anyway.

   Why do you need it at all? Seems to me like just extra equipment and problems. I just don't see the benefits I guess.

   73, Drew KO4MA/VP2EAG