AMSAT Reminders (Again) + new Info

Just a few more reminders to bring to your attention:
1) In support of ECHO you can fly your name /Call sign on the Bird.
Call Martha for Details (301)-589-6062  and be the first one in your
local club to get into space.
2) Remember the Membership contest  - Get new members for AMSAT - every
one helps with
 the funding and the more users we have on the birds - the more fun we have.
 Don't Forget the Tri-bander Prize for the contest
3) Registration for the Annual meeting goes up in price after  September
15th, help yourself to a saving,
 and help the organizers to know how many will be present.
4) The Annual meeting Spouses Program, -  In case there is any
confusion, on the Friday  you need to take the
Bus Downtown in order to get on the  "Shop and Dine Tour" but you do not
have to take that tour if you want
"to do your own thing Downtown"  The bus will bring you back to the
hotel after the tour.
5) Every year we get a number of people who try to book the hotel after
the block has been closed.
Make Sure that you book your room Early (before September 16) to ensure
that you get the best rate
and can stay in the Airport Marriott with everybody else. While there
are other hotels around the area they will
cost more and have less facilities. Currently the $Cdn is about $0.71 US
thus the current price of our rooms is about
$84.50 + local Tax for a first rate hotel.
6) I am advised , by an independent Chef, that The Saturday night
Banquet ($33.00 US) is excellent  and well worth attending.
7) Take the Sunday Morning trip to the "Hammond Radio Museum" - one of
the very best of it's kind.
More Reminders to follow next week.
73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH