Re: Re: tuning on DXpeditions

What an automated world we live in!

Hi Doug...

As your DXpeditions are much appreciated, so should the fact that they must
be accomplished with minimum equipment and minimum "fuss factor" for you in
your "remote" locations

I would be inclined to pick a frequency which will not interfere with any of
the beacons or spurs which exist, and just let your transmit frequency "drift"
with the doppler.

Do not correct your transmit frequency at all, but calculate the "range" of
frequency variation during a pass, and announce that you will be "listening"
away from your "varying" transmit frequency, between ex: "2401.320 to 2401.420"
or whatever.

Let the ground stations adjust for your doppler, and spread them out in a
"wide" listening band which is outside your transmit doppler swing so they don't
transmit on top of you.

That way they can leave their transmitters on one frequency, you can leave
your transmitter on one frequency and both you and the dxers are only tuning
receive.

This is a tried and true method (except the doppler part) from Novice crystal
days and works, especially when you are the station of most interest on the
band.

Thanks for your efforts!

Roger
WA1KAT