FW: 435 small power amp?

Hi Jim,
	The obsolete Motorola MRF630 is a good choice for a discrete solution if
you have a 9 to 12 volt supply. I've also seen the MRF629 used for electric meter
telemetry. The obsolete MRF227 might also be suitable--I've heard that it uses
the 2N5943 die--but don't know if there is too much low pass filtering of the input
or output for it to be useful at 435MHz.  These devices have a nice metal case
that can be soldered to a ground plane.  I suspect the little BEO insulator makes
them passe technology.
Zack Lau W1VT