AIDC down-converter drift

Hello All,

I have an unconverted AIDC 3731AA down-converter that seems to never stop
drifting no matter how long it is left powered up. After a contact this
morning with Dominic, from Italy, I now realise that there is an advantage in
raising the IF to 145 MHz due to a lower multiplication factor of the crystal
oscillator. Something that I hadn't considered previously.

I'd like to eliminate, or at least reduce, this drift. My question is, what
are the specs for the crystal that I should order? I imagine that all I have
to do is replace the crystal and that no tuning is required. Is that correct?
My test equipment is very basic.

The question of drift has been dealt with before by list members and I see
that people are using pipe insulation over their down-converters and crystal
heaters. The difference between night and day temperatures here is no more
than 15 degrees Centigrade. Even so, maybe I should try the insulation first
before going any further?

--
Regards,
Phil.