Re: screen mod on k5gna dish

Hi Ron,

I still occasionally find a place I need to tie down, but it's pretty
rare.  Maybe you initially tied down too tight at the edges.  Originally I
put the screen over the center and re-mounted the D/C - this anchored the
center. I then spent a bit of time smoothing the screen outwards from the
center to the edges.  Cut first thought on casual inspection was that it
probably didn't need much tying.  But I started tying and noticed the gaps,
so worked my way out in a spiral fashion from the middle.

The average spacing between ties is about 2 inches.  Does this help?

The clearspeech probably won't make much difference.  I think you have the
910H - the internal DSP which is adjustable might help.  Also, use the
variable attenuator as well.  The method I use is to tune the attenuator to
a noise level of S0, then tune the MB.  If you aren't seeing S5 on the MB
then you are probably not focused or pointing correctly.

If you are really having trouble drop me direct email and perhaps we can
set up an echolink or something.

73,

Emily