Re: uo22

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Glenn Blum wrote:

> Is uo-22 right now configured as aprs digi?

No, that is why I asked Surrey to set the DIGI bit to on.  RIght now it
is showing OFF [0].

> What Frequency is it running at?

Downlink is 435.120 +/- Doppler 9600 baud AX.25.  Any Kenwood D700 mobile
can receive it direct to the front panel when UO-22 is above about 25
degrees (depending on their whip antenna).  APRS packets will show
directly on the radio front panel (if there were any) but since DIGI is
not enabled, and the UO-22 telemetry is not APRS encoded, you will have to
select PACKET MON and just watch the raw packets on the radio's small
screen... to see the Telemetry packets.

We now have a volunteer to set up an automatic downlink feed into the
worldwide APRS internet linked communications system and since ISS and
PCsat packet systems are not working well, UO-22 is our only UI packet
comm relay satellite in orbit..

(Though PCsat did work perfelcty well today on its afternoon passes)

de WB4APR, Bob