RE: status page colors????

Well, web browsers do NOT "display 256 colors reliably".
At least in the world of Bills Gates infinite wisdom.

There's a thing known as the "216 color web safe palette".
When IE was being developed, 256 colors was about all that any
PC supported.  MS decided that the browser needed to "reserve"
40 of those colors for exclusive use by the browser itself.  That
is, the windows and messages etc that are the actual browser.
Anything that is loaded into the browser for display that contains any
of those reserved colors, the browser attempts to choose the closest
one of the 216 that it supports.  When coding a web page, you are
well advised to choose only a color from the 216 "safe palette",
otherwise
you have no control over how it will actually be displayed on any
computer.
That's one of the reasons some web pages look so goofy, because most
folks
who code either ignore this or are ignorant to the fact.  FYI - the same
holds true for fonts, if you specify a font that no a standard font for
the OS, and the target computer doesn't have the font installed, it's
the browsers job to make up its own mind, and sometimes it really picks
a loser.

Most decent web design programs, as well as graphics programs, usually
incorporate a "web palette" function.  Both Adobe Photoshop and
CorelDraw
do, as well as MacroMedia Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.

Hope this helps.

73's
Ray - WB3ABN
Kingston, WA