Re: OSCAR status page Modes

David,

Here are two suggestions on ways to indicate MODE status on the birds:

1) Now that you have added a second step in the SUBMIT report process (the
confirm page),  Now you have the opportunity to do the second level of
reporting based on WHICH satelite is reported.  THus you can ask these
questions:

ISS  :    VOICE or PACKET
UO-22:    BBS or DIGI
AO-7 :    Which band?  10m, 2m, 70cm?
FO-29     Xponder or Digitalker active?

etc...

2) OR MAYBE A SIMPLER WAY is to simply allow for multiple entires for each
mode.  This way, the data base retains only the 3 status types.  NOT
heard, Transponders heard, or TELEMETRY only.  And we dont have to get all
the other bazillions of posibilities.:

The satellite LIST would contain:
 ISS-p for reporting ISs packet
 ISS-v for voice
 AO-7A for AO-7 mode A
 AO-7B for AO-7 mode B
 AO-7J for AO-7 mode J

I like the simpler #2 idea because I dont want to add additional dialog
turn-around delays in the reporting process...

de WB4APR, Bob