Re: status page colors????

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, DC wrote:

> of the 256^3 that a page can code for).  In the case of a 'heard' and a
> 'not heard' report,  if we just picked the color between  blue and red
> it would be purple.  In cases where there are non-equal numbers of the
> different report types, we could pick the color of the major type and
> then darken it some amount based on the proportions of reports.  This
> still does not deal elegantly with the one of each scenartio.  Any ideas?

How bout this:

1) Display only the majority color
2) If the report numbers are small like 2 heard and 1 not heard make it
the conflicted color.  If it is 3 to 1 or greater, ignore the guy with
the wet noodle antenna.

3) If it is mixed modes like voice and data, then simply go with the
majority color.  Show only the number of the majority.

4) No need to show the number of the minority.  This is not to say that
they are not significant, but they are only significant when they split
the vote as iun #2...

Bob